1) All equipment remains the property of Babylicious Balloons & Event Decor
2) During the period of hire, The Hirer(person named on contract) shall be solely responsible for the hired goods and insuring the goods if they feel necessary.
3) BBED shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
4) The contract for the hire of goods is between BBED and the hirer, not the venue unless goods are being hired directly by the venue. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. BBED will charge the Hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the Hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue or third party if the venue or third party was at fault.
5) 50% Deposit is required at time of booking to secure our services/products. Your order is not confirmed until we have received cleared payment of this deposit. As we are limited to the amount of events we can take on in any one day this deposit is completely non-refundable. In the event that you wish to cancel your order or you need to cancel your wedding you will lose this deposit.
5a) The final balance is due one month prior to your set up or dispatch date. If you fail to pay your balance by the required date, we reserve the right to cancel your order and in the event that another event wishes to book for that day, they will take priority if a deposit has been received from them.
5b) Cancellation at any time of complete order will result in the forfeit of the deposit and any monies paid.
5c) Cancellation of individual items on an order anytime up to one month prior to your booked date will result in forfeit of 50% of the total hire price for that item. After one month cancellation full payment of the hire price will be payable. This includes reductions in numbers advised within one month of your date.
5d) Changes in numbers can be accepted up to one month prior to your date. Final numbers and order details must be confirmed no later than one month prior to set up or dispatch date. Any changes at all including changes to set up and collection times after this stage will be subject to availability and will incur a £25 administration fee.
6) A £50 or 10% Refundable Security Deposit, whichever is greater, is payable in addition to the hire charges on all hire bookings, to cover shortages and damages to hired goods. This will be due for payment 2 weeks prior to your event and will be returned once all hired stock has been checked back in at Babylicious. This invoice constitutes part of your order and failed payment of this invoice will result in cancellation of your order and set up. Late payments of this invoice shall be charged at £5 per day.
6b) Security deposit will be returned by way of cheque within one month of collection to the name and address stated on this contract. If you require refund cheque to be sent to a different address or in a different name including change to married name then you must inform BBED prior to your event. After your event we will not be able to accept name or address changes for the refundable security deposit. This includes in the instance security deposit has been paid by another person not shown on the invoice.
6c) Refundable Security Deposits will only be returned by way of a cheque. It will not be sent by bank transfer, cash or refund to a card for data protection reasons.
7) Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value inclusive of VAT and delivery to BBED No substitute item will be accepted by BBED
8) BBED will inform The Hirer within 30 days, in writing of any damages and costs concerning any of the Hired Goods. An invoice will then be sent outlining amount of damage and costs exceeding the Security Deposit.
9) The Security Deposit, minus any deductions for loss or damage will be returned within 30 days of Hire date.
10) In the event of shortages or damage The Hirer shall notify BBED within 24 hours of delivery. If the Hirer fails to do this, The Goods will be deemed to be delivered in correct condition.
11) Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted delivery/collection by the courier and/or BBED where the venue/hirer/customer is at fault.
11a) DIY Orders: Goods must be packed in the boxes they were delivered in. If there is more than one box, the items should be divided equally between the boxes to stay within specific Courier weight limits. Charges made by Courier for incorrect weights will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
12) All hired items including chair covers and table linen must be removed by the hirer prior to collection. An additional fee will be charged if Babyliciousballoons & Event Decor Services are required to remove covers and linen from tables and chairs at time of collection.
12a) Any furniture including Tables and chairs must be laid out in place prior to set up. Babyliciousballoons & Event Decor Services will not lay out chairs and tables unless previously arranged between the hirer and BBED with confirmation in writing.
If BBED arrives at venue and tables and chairs are not laid out ready, we retain the right to leave items at venue for the hirer to set up or charge an additional fee for this service at our discretion.
12b) If hirer is using table linen from another company other than BBED they will need to ensure that table linen is ready at the venue & on the tables prior to our arrival. If linen is not available and tables cannot be set up then BBED retain the right to leave items to one side for set up by the hirer or third party ready for when linen has arrived. At BBED discretion and if timings allow BBED may be able to wait for linen to arrive but additional fee will be charged for the waiting time of £30 + VAT per hour or part thereof.
12c) Cutlery, glassware & crockery hire is on a return clean basis unless mentioned otherwise above. Any items returned dirty will be charged for cleaning.
13) Carpet Aisle Runner is for indoor use only. Use outside will result in full replacement cost being charged to the hirer.
13a) Starlight Backdrop is not to be positioned within 3ft of any dance floor or dancing area.
14) Charges will be made for any missing or damaged goods. This includes goods that have been dragged on the floor, ground in earth stains, burns, holes, rips and tears, candle wax, grease or deep staining.
15) Only non-drip, smoke-free, non-toxic or LED candles should be used with the candelabra. Charges will be made for any candelabra returned damaged, dented, permanently tarnished or heavily covered in melted wax. Charges will also be made for replacement boxes. Replacement of goods is charged at cost of goods plus VAT and delivery.
16) Damaged goods remain the property of BBED
17) If goods are not returned at the end of the agreed hire period BBED retain the right to charge for:
17a) The cost of replacement goods to honour any bookings where the goods are required.
17b) the cost of replacement goods where hired items are permanently not returned. Goods not returned within 14 days of event are deemed permanently not returned.
17c) an additional hire period, charged at the cost of hire per item per week or part week. E.G. If 50 chair covers have been hired at £2.95 each, the additional weekly / part weekly charge will be £2.95 x 50 = £147.50 per week or part week.
17d) Additional courier collections charged at actual courier cost.
17e) The hirer is responsible for the return of items not readily available at collection point. BBED at their discretion may offer to re collect but this will be charged at mileage to the hirer. If goods are not returned within 14 days of event goods will be deemed as missing (See clause 17a, 17b and 17c)
18) All replacement goods will be charged at the cost of goods including VAT and delivery. Invoices must be settled within 14 days or additional charges will be added for late payment as you will be preventing us from ordering stock for somebody else’s event.
19) Goods that are to be collected and returned by the hirer must be collected and returned to the agreed office on the agreed dates otherwise charges will be made as stated in points 16a, 16b, 16c, 16d and 17.
20) Any problems with orders including missing, damaged and incorrect stock must be notified to us in writing within 24 hours of receipt of goods. If damages and losses are reported after this period goods will be assumed missing or damaged by you, the hirer, and charges will be made for replacement as above.
21) It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all dimensions, colours and fabrics for drapes and canopies are correct at least 4 weeks prior to event date. BBED assumes no responsibility for incorrect measurements resulting in insufficient fabric for drapes/canopies or insufficient equipment brought along as a result of incorrect dimensions including heights.
22) It is the hirer’s responsibility to check with the venue owners and obtain permission for any fixing of drapes. This includes but is not limited to checking if venues are listed buildings. Refunds will not be given in full or part if we are notified upon arrival that permission has not been granted. Nor will we will be responsible for any damages invoices issued by the venue.
23) For erection of ceiling canopies a clear floor space is required, it is up to the hirer to ensure the area is clear prior to our arrival unless otherwise agreed with BBED in writing. We work to a strict time schedule & cannot be held liable for delays if the area is not clear.
23a) It is the hirers responsibility to provide a full and detailed floor plan indicating entranceways and fire exits prior to BBED set up. Unless a site visit has been booked and paid for by the hirer and then it is the responsibility of BBED.
23b) It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure there are ample electrical sockets for the use of any lighting and backdrop equipment.
24) Details taken at time of booking will be kept on file and will be used to recover any costs remaining unpaid including cancellation of booking and damaged goods.
25) We will not be held responsible for any circumstances that may occur to prevent us from carrying out this contract. If this should happen you will be notified and refunded in full. Compensation will not be due and under no circumstances will the owner’s liability exceed the invoice value of hired goods.
27) All information including designs, colours and names for Table plans, place cards and other stationery items must be received by email to BBED no later than one month prior to your date. If information is received later than this date we retain the right to use available stock and designs to fit the information we have on file for you.
27a) With all stationery items including invitations ordered in separate batches or at different periods of time we cannot guarantee exact colour matches of card stocks. This includes but is not limited to samples. We use the same regular supplier for all of our materials but as with all products batches vary so you may see slight colour variations in this instance.
27b) although we will try our best to get the closest match for any colours requested we cannot guarantee an exact match will be possible. We advise you to arrange a colour match prior to securing your booking as refunds will not be given for cancellations of any items where an exact colour match cannot be arranged.
27d) All of our bespoke and handmade items are non-refundable (Unless faulty). This includes but is not limited favours, invitations, bouquets and bridal flowers, stationery. Goods can be crafted from the point of sale so in any circumstance refunds will not be possible on such items unless faulty.
28) As fresh flowers and foliage are living products, there are occasions when particular variaeties may be unavailable. Whilst every effort is made to source products accordingly, sometimes we are unable to obtain a particular flower type. All fresh flowers and foliage are subject to availability on the date we order them from the Dutch flower auctions and stringent quality checks, as such BBED reserve the right to use a similar flower in the place of your previously chosen flower.
28a) We Order your wedding flowers approximately 10 to 14 days before your wedding date, dependant on type of flowers chosen. You will not be allowed to make any changes after the order has been placed without additional fees being incurred. These fees will have to be paid in full before any changes can be submitted and ordered for you. We will however make small changes where possible to accommodate your needs.
28b) Mock Bouquets and designs can be made for you to view and they will be made to the same high quality of your actual bouquet or design, as such they will be charged at the full cost of display. Payment will need to be received
29) Where goods are booked with us on a supply only, DIY or purchase basis we will send products by signed delivery. We will not be held liable in any situation where goods are dispatched from our premises and not delivered (or delivered late) by the carrier. We can supply full details including proof of dispatch and contact details for the carrier used but will be unable to refund or compensate or assist with obtaining compensation from the carrier in this instance.
30) Terms and conditions are subject to change by Babylicious Balloons & Event Decor Services at any time. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check these terms and conditions on our website www.babyliciousballoons.co.uk